If you are a home owner or own a commercial business that involves upkeep, such as hotels, apartments, housing, etc. Then no doubt you are faced at times with replacing everything including flooring, counters and bathroom fixtures. In a bathroom, it is the bathtub that is often the first to show disrepair. This may be faded color, cracks, chips, general damage or whatever makes it unattractive and difficult to clean. Bathtub Refinishing is a great option, that will make your old unattractive tub look brand new again and this process only takes a few hours.
One of the services we offer at Renov8 is the refinishing of bathtubs. Whether it involves fiberglass, acrylic, porcelain or cultural marble, and is a modern or claw-foot tub.
Our technicians have been highly trained in the latest method of the refinishing and resurfacing process. You will find they work meticulously and efficiently to provide our customers a professional service.
Like any other job well done, prepping is the most important part of the Bathtub Refinishing process. During the process our Technicians will do the following.
- Remove old caulking between tub & Tile.
- Set up ventilation system, and cover work areas.
- Chemically remove all mineral deposits, body oils, soap scum, dirt and grime.
- Repair all chips and cracks with a special filler.
- Apply a bonding agent to permanently fuse the glaze to surfaces.
- Spray 2 coats of catalyzed resin primer.
- Spray 3 coats of Acrylic Urethane Glaze.
- Area is then cleaned/ we remove masking paper and plastic.
- Tub is sprayed giving you 5 coats/leaving you with a deep high gloss finish.
Replacing vs Restoring a Bathtub
As one in a commercial business knows, appearance is the number one selling point when attracting customers. Therefore, you are faced with the process of either refinishing or replacing a damaged bathtub.
When you choose the replacement process, you are facing removal damages as well as days of the property being out of service. A replacement estimate of (approximately $3,000) includes:
- Cost of materials and transportation to reach the job site.
- Preparing the site for a removal of the old tub and the surrounding area.
- Refinishing existing structure.
- Cost of labor (master craftsmen, supervision).
- Sales tax on materials.
- Local building department fees.
Benefits of Refinishing a Bathtub
Everyone in business realizes that time equals money. Therefore, the difference between having a money producing enterprise shut down for a couple of days vs. a week or two can be considerable.
Restoring a tub can save up to 50% or more of the replacement cost and in some case installing a new bathtub can take up to 2 to 3 days. In addition, the life of the original bathtub can be extended 10 to 15 years.
Replacing a tub involves tearing out the surrounding structure and, if the paint is old or the tub is a different size, this can include a painting the entire room and repairing the floor. In contrast, refinishing a tub can be done quickly and efficiently without disturbing the overall decor of the room.
Obviously, the cost savings is considerable. Being able to refinish a number of bathtubs, at the cost of a single replacement, allows the business owner a larger profit profile while maintaining a reputation for offering only the best bathroom accommodations.
What We Offer
At Renov8, we are proud to offer our customers the best Refinishing products in the market, competitive prices and multiple color options to choose from. We also include:
- Highly skilled technicians.
- Free estimates.
- All work guaranteed.
- Premium materials.
- A choice of colors and material prices.
- A bonded and insured company.
- Free consultation on materials to meet your specific needs.
- Fast and efficient service.
- Work at adjustable hours if required.
- Fully licensed.
Keeping Your Business Profitable
As a business, we know what is involved in keeping property both attractive and in good condition. It takes a great deal of work to keep tabs on the many things that can go wrong including bathtubs. Therefore, we are happy to explain to you what we offer and how we will be able to help you make any updates needed.
If you are in Charlotte, or the surrounding area, give us a call at (704)807.9764 and one of our bathtub refinishing specialists will be happy to discuss the services we offer. We will also be happy to send one of our specialists to your location to provide you with a free estimate of the cost and time involved.
Contact our Charlotte office at 704-807-9764